The Less Than operator is used to compare two values and to check whether a value is less than the other.
< can be used to compare values of the following types:
Value1 < Value2
The result of the
< operator is a boolean.
The result is true when
Value1 is less than
The result is false when
Value1 is not less than
- number < number returns a boolean
- text < text = returns a boolean (alphabetical comparison, case insensitive)
- datetime < datetime returns a boolean
- duration < duration returns a boolean
- concept < concept returns a boolean (applies to the order of concepts)
- reference < reference returns a boolean
15 < 7 /* results in false */